This week we dive into Lost 6×6 “Sundown”, touching on topics that include Claire, Dogen, the ash, evil, eggs, and much more! Be sure to stay tuned to the very end to hear the bloopers…Denise had an ant crawling on her hand in the middle of the episode! Runtime 1:26:38.
Tag Archives: claire
“There’s No Place Like Home” part 2 was the season 4 finale. And what a finale! I laughed, I cried, and all that good stuff. I’ll be discussing this episode early next week on the next installment of Jacob’s Cabin, but first I want to know what all of you out there think about it! (I know you’re out there–this blog gives me stats on how many people visit here–so I know you’re reading this! Why not take a second or two to leave your thoughts and theories?)
Think in particular about the following questions:
- Ben lets Sayid and Kate go so easily due to their arrangement with Richard; do you think he even cared about stopping them at this point?
- What is Charlotte’s history? (Miles: “I’m surprised you want to leave, after all the time you spent trying to get back here…hmm, what do I mean?”)
- Is there any point to having time-traveling bunnies if all they can do is flicker to a point mere milliseconds forward in time? Do you think that there is any greater application of this experiment?
- We know Sayid is working with Ben. We know that Ben visits Jack to tell him that they all have to go back to the island. But when Sayid visits Hurley to break him out of Santa Rosa, he specifically tells Hurley that they’re not going back to the island, but rather to someplace safe — why? Doesn’t Sayid know that they have to go back?
- When Ben says to Locke, “Sorry I made your life so miserable,” is he only referring to Locke’s life while on the island (which seems to be an improvement in Locke’s mind–no more wheelchair, freedom from his unpleasant past) or is he implying that he has had influence over other parts of Locke’s life, pre-island?
- Why does Claire tell Kate not to bring Aaron back to the island? Is this just a dream, or is it a vision from the island?
Given that this podcast is named Jacob’s Cabin, I felt that it would be appropriate to start with the episode “Cabin Fever” from season four and then work through the season finale. This will provide a good review of the end of season four before season five begins on January 21! (I would also like to get in a few “practice” podcasts before the new season!)
Cabin Fever Questions to ponder…
- Who is in control? Who seems to be in control at the beginning of the episode, and who seems to be in control at the end? What wants to be in control?
- Why was Locke’s mother, Emily, so suddenly adamant about naming him John?
- Why did Alpert run from age 7/8 Locke, but then try to recruit him to Mittelos “science camp” while he was in high school?
- Is Claire dead? Is Claire dead yet?